Happy December 1st! The countdown to Christmas is finally here, and I am so excited!
I’ve decided to take part in the Blogmas 2017 challenge, I will only be posting for 12 days rather than the full 31 days. As a new blogger and lessons learnt from Blogtober, I want to have fun, and not get overwhelmed! Good luck to all who are participating, no matter how many days you do.
So to start Blogmas off, I wanted to share my thoughts on the scents that I adore around Christmas time. The festive fragrances that Yankee Candle (YK) launch year after year, are amazing!
I picked up the following 5 votive candles for £5.00 at my local Thorntons store. They are from the YK 2015/16 collection. YK is a brand that I am loyal too. I find a lot of candles around this time of year smell of cinnamon. I’m not a cinnamon fan! So when I noticed these on offer I couldn’t resist trying them out before I splurged on a larger jar.
I picked up Candy Cane Lane, All Is Bright, Bundle Up, Snowflake Cookie and Cherries On Snow.
So, here are my thoughts…
- Candy Cane Lane: This is perfect, it smells just like a traditional candy cane. Sweet with a hint of mint. This left my home feeling very festive. This is my favourite scent of all 5, think I will treat myself to this in a larger jar.
- All Is Bright: All is Bright is a unique scent; sparkling citrus and warm musk. It’s a really nice fragrance, but I just don’t think it’s Christmassy enough. I felt as though it would suit a New Year’s Eve Celebration better.
- Bundle Up: With scents of winter, citrus, cool snow and fresh linen this was my least favourite. It didn’t leave me feeling Christmassy at all.
- Snowflake Cookie: This was a favourite! With a strong scent of vanilla, it definitely smelt of cookies, including the icing on top. Perfect for those who like a sweet treat!
- Cherries On Snow: This smell is stunning! The scent of cherries was really strong. There was a hint of almond in there and it rounded it out nicely. It kept it from being too sweet. This scent is very bright and fresh. Definitely one for cherry lovers.
That’s it for day one! I’m really looking forward to the rest of Blogmas. If you’d like to keep updated on my future post please follow me.
I’m also on Instagram if you’d like to connect!